Gov. Newsom’s state of emergency proclamation spawned PINs in response to COVID-19
PIN 20-09.1-ASC Update on Priority 1 complaint tele-inspection program
- Supplement to PIN 20-09-ASC. It updates notice about allegations that could be serious health and safety risks to residents.
- This takes effect immediately. Review of Priority 1 complaints will be on a case by case basis whether tele- or on-site inspection is needed.
PIN 20-10-CCLD Waiver of administrator certification program fees, license fees and home care aide registration fees as a result of COVID-19
- Details the California Department of Social Services’ authority to waive the aforementioned fees for licensees in economic hardships as a consequence of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Gov. Gavin Newsom declared on March 4, 2020 a state of emergency prompted by COVID-19 when licensees, licensure applicants, home care administrators and vendors began experiencing financial hardship. Authority was given to CCLD to accept written fee waiver requests. Only renewals, registrations, licenses or certificates expiring by June 30, 2020 are being accepted for fee waiver requests.
PIN 20-11-CCLD CCLD on-line resources on COVID-19
- Notice for a dedicated COVID-19 page on CCLD website with accessible on-line COVID-19 resources.
- The live website page offers click buttons leading to 1) PINs in English and other Languages, 2) Additional Resources with links to specific agencies and information and 3) Hot Topics with an overview of relevant and related topics.
PIN 20-12-CCLD Updated statewide waivers for background check requirements due to COVID-19
- Rescinds PIN 20-09-CCLD from April 2, 2020. This new PIN updates guidance to ASC administrators and licensees on California background check waivers on HCA and HCO licensees.
PIN 20-12-ASC Statewide waiver for medical assessments due to COVID-19
- California waiver for specific medical assessment requirements for all adult and senior care facilities due to COVID-19
- The waiver is based on Gov. Gavin Newsom’s announcement on March 6, 2020 for a statewide waiver for specific medical assessment needs without individual requests depending on terms and conditions provided in this PIN. Instead, certain documents listed in this PIN completed by a medical professional or individual designated by a physician, can be obtained.
PIN 20-13-ASC Notification to families when a person tests positive for COVID-19
- Counsel to ASC to advice families of all persons in care when anyone in the facility tests positive for COVID-19
- As of April 27, 2020, an update directs notification of testing positive for COVID-19 must include notification of all persons in care, health professionals and other related health care service providers that enter the facility.
PIN 20-15-ASC Adult and Senior Care Facilities with COVID-19 positive cases available on California Department of Social Services website
- Announcement that information on licensed ARCF for elderly who are positive with COVID-19 in care and/or staff is on the California Department of Social Services website.,
- The information can be accessed by the link: COVID-19 Positive Cases in Adult and Senior Care Facilities under Additional Resources tab on the CCLD home page. The information specifies ARCF for elderly with seven or more capacity that reported 11 or more positive cases. Details include facility name, county and location. Count is tallied and updated daily.
PIN 20-16-ASC-CCR Waiver of Advance Notice Requirements and information on Federal Small Business Lending for COVID-19 crisis
- Announcement that the California Department of Social Services is waiving various requirements for Continuous Care Retirement Community providers applying for COVID-19 relief loan
- Gov. Gavin Newsom’s March 4, 2020 state of emergency proclamation allows CDSS to waive any Health and Safety Code provisions required to protect California in COVID-19 emergency. COVID-19 relief loans open to CCRC providers include: Paycheck Protection Program, the Small Business Administrations, Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program for COVID-19 and others.
PIN 20-17-ASC Temporary Contracts to increase bed capacity due to anticipated surge in COVID-19
- Announcement to Adult and Senior Care licensees to help put up temporary additional beds for COVID-19 positive persons
- Gov. Newsom’s state of emergency proclamation granted CDSS authority to waive any Health and Safety Code or Welfare and Institutions Code provisions to respond to COVID-19. Especially urgent need for housing and care for adults and senior care residents who are positive for COVID-19 but don’t require hospitalizations. Thereby, allowing hospital capacity to meet anticipated demands for CPOVID-19 patients requiring acute care.
PIN 20-189-ASC COVID-19 stimulus checks for persons in care
- Guide to licensees with residents who are recipients of Supplemental Security Income/State Supplementary Payment benefits who received stimulus checks authorized by Coronavirus Aid Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
- The stimulus checks are not monthly SSI/SSP monthly benefits or income. They are tax refund advances for tax year 2020. The recipient can use the funds according to their desires. In accordance with Gov. Gavin Newsom’s executive order on April 23, 2020, no stimulus payment funds received by a resident may be garnished or used to pay off a debt owed by resident to licensee.