The Alameda County Health Care Services Agency is pleased to announce that all Alameda County Long-Term Care Facility Staff are invited to be vaccinated at an Alameda County vaccination Point of Dispensing (POD) clinic beginning the week of January 18, 2021.
Attention Alameda County Long-Term Care Facility Leadership Teams:
Alameda County Health Care Services Agency (HCSA) has officially opened vaccination PODs for your Long-Term Care Facility (LTCF) staff to get vaccinated next week.
Alameda County Long-Term Care Facilities who are participating in the federal vaccination partnership program with both CVS and Walgreens should continue to schedule vaccination clinics with these national pharmacies. HCSA is working closely with both CVS and Walgreens to ensure that the LTCF vaccination clinic scheduling proceeds as planned. Both pharmacies are supportive of HCSA’s plans to provide all Alameda County LTCF staff the opportunity to get vaccinated before the scheduled vaccination clinic date at their LTCF.
Long-Term Care Facility Staff include the employees working in both licensed and unlicensed: Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly (RCFE), Mental Health Rehabilitation Centers (MHRC), Intermediate Care Facilities (ICF), Adult Residential Care Facilities (ARF), Assisted Living Memory Care Facilities (AL/MC), Intermediate Care Facilities for the Developmentally Disabled (ICF-DD), and Skilled Nursing Facilities (SNFs).
Benefits of taking advantage of HCSA’s invitation for LTCF staff to come to a vaccination POD:
- Alameda County’s LTCF staff will be vaccinated
- Vaccination PODs offer the LTCF staff additional opportunities to get
- If many LTCF staff get vaccinated at the vaccination PODs, your scheduled CVS and Walgreens vaccination clinics will be more
INVITATION INFORMATION: Please read through all the following information
Vaccine is available by appointment only, please click on your preferred date and location to make your appointment. *Walk-up appointments will NOT be available.*
Lake Merritt BART Station
Castro Valley Library
Confirmation emails can take several minutes to appear in your inbox and please check your spam folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are having trouble with the appointment links, please paste the links into your browsers.
The following information is about the PrepMod website from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH): If you require technical support, please call our Help Desk at 888-503-0515 or email email@example.com.
Important information for your appointment:
- Please bring a government issued ID, your clinical ID or recent paystub, and proof of registration to your
- Appointments for this week are available for clinicians only; office staff will be covered in later phases.
- Due to COVID-19 physical distancing and safety precautions, please do not bring with you anyone who does not have an
- To achieve the greatest level of effectiveness, two doses of the vaccine must be administered 28 days apart. Onsite staff will provide guidance to schedule your second dose after you receive your first
We strongly encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity to receive the COVID vaccine. If you have questions about the vaccines, here are some useful resources: