Registration is now open for the 6Beds Virtual Town Hall on Wednesday, December 9 from 9 am – 4 pm. Participants will be able to earn 4 CEUs by FOBI Pharmacy.
Emcee: Ron Simpson and Gina Wasdyke
Moderator: Roberta Mendonca
Zoom Host: Chris Minnery
8:45 AM – Sign in via Zoom
9:00 AM – Welcome – Dorie Paniza, 6Beds NorCal President
9:05 AM 6Beds – Ron Simpson, 6Beds SoCal President & Director
9:20 AM – Why I joined 6Beds – Angie Marinda, Secretary
9:25 AM – Membership Benefits – Gina Wasdyke, 6Beds Founder and Director
9:30 AM – 2020 – Legislative Recap – George Kutnerian, Senior VP of Public Policy & Legislation & Director with Atty. Robert Naylor and Roxanne Gould, Lobbyists
10:00 AM – Break (10 Min)
10:10 AM – Preferred Vendor Presentation – Olive Deanda, Treasurer
11 AM – 1 PM – Medication Administration and Documentation Part 1 – FOBI Pharmacy
1:00 PM – Break (10 Min)
1:10 PM – Preferred Vendor Presentation – Ines Otbo, Vice President
2 PM – 4 PM – Medication Administration and Documentation Part 2 – FOBI Pharmacy
The 6 Year Anniversary FREE Zoom Training Conference is only 2 days away. Participants will be able to earn 4 CEUs! Guest speakers from Department of Social Services and State Legislators will address our industry during these unprecedented times as well as share best practices and risk management during the COVID-19 Pandemic. Register here now!! See below for the full conference agenda, and click here to download the agenda.
Due to popular demand, 6Beds will be holding an additional FREE Training Workshop in San Diego on Friday, November 15. Seating is limited. RSVP today to reserve your spot in this FREE training opportunity.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 15, 2019 | 8:30 AM – 5 PM
8:30 AM – 5 PM
3 Civic Center Drive
San Marcos,CA 92069
Mark your calendars for Workers Town Hall Meeting featuring San Mateo County District Attorney Stephen Wagstaffe and special guests State Senator Jerry Hill, Chair, Labor, Public Employment and Retirement and Teena Barton, Senior Fraud Investigator, ICW Group. This FREE event will be held on July 26 at Angelicas, 863 Main Street in Redwood City from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm. For additional information about the Worker’s Compensation Action Network, please contact Maryann Marino, at (949) 375-0856 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WCAN is a broad-based, statewide coalition that has successfully fought for reforms to provide state and local officials more tools to combat workers’ compensation fraud to help meet the dual goals of stable costs for employers and higher benefits for injured workers. In recent years, state lawmakers enacted several pieces of legislation designed to improve system efficiency, reduce conflict and litigation, and stem abuses by service providers. These reforms are delivering higher benefits to California workers while stabilizing employer costs. Despite these reforms, California’s system remains one of the most costly and litigious in the nation and vulnerable to evolving forms of fraud and abuse.
Complimentary lunch will be provided.
The 2019 ARF & RCFE Annual Conference & Gala Awards Banquet will be August 30-31 in Southern California. Admission is FREE to attend the day-long conference and Gala Award are $70/per person.
FRIDAY, AUGUST 30, 2019 | 7:30 AM – 5 PM
Brea Community Center
695 East Madison Way
12725 Center Court Drive
Cerritos, CA 90703
Our 6 Beds 2019 Annual Advocacy Day and trip to the California State Capitol may be over, but your advocacy must continue throughout the year if it is to be effective. The only way for us to achieve our collective advocacy goals is for us to make our voices be heard individually on an ongoing basis. Successful advocacy efforts are rarely, if ever, one-time events. They are built on shaping public policy through consistent messaging and relationship building over time.
What should you advocate for?
Each time you have the opportunity to meet with, or interact with, a leader or influencer, there are three important messages to relay:
- 6 Beds and its members support safe and affordable, quality residential care.
- 6 Beds and its members’ facilities play a critical role in our state’s healthcare structure.
- 6 Beds and its members support commonsense legislation that protects seniors and allows facilities to continue providing the level of safe and affordable care our customers expect.
Who should you be advocating to?
Advocacy is simply equipping those in positions of influence with the information they need to affect good public policy. Your target audiences should include:
- State legislators – who can enact legislation that positively supports our work or negatively impacts the work we do.
- Local elected officials – who can pass local regulations and ordinances that affect our facilities and those we serve. (Don’t forget, many local elected officials later run for the state assembly or senate.)
- Key opinion leaders – These are the influencers in your communities whose voice has the ability to shape the opinions of others.
- Public – Don’t forget the public helps shape policy too through their votes and support or opposition to candidates and policies.
Advocacy Day 2019
Our thanks go out to the legislators and agency staff who made our 2019 Advocacy Day such a learning opportunity for all involved. However, if our advocacy efforts are going to result in good public policy that supports our facilities and our clients, we must all work together to deliver these consistent messages to those in positions of influence. Let’s make our voices be heard!
2019 Annual Advocacy Day
APRIL 10, 2019
7:30 AM – 5 PM MAIN EVENT
1215 K St., Suite 1400
Sacramento, CA 95814
Yes, it’s that time of the year again! 6Beds is hosting the 2019 Annual Advocacy Day Conference in Sacramento on Wednesday, April 10th.
- Learn about legislative issues that may impact our ARF and RCFE homes and the delivery of housing and care to those we serve — frail elderly and Californians with development disabilities and/or mental illness.
- Learn how to make your voice heard by visiting your elected representative on Advocacy Day to share your ideas and concerns on the bills being introduced that may impact our residents who permanently live in our ARF and RCFE homes.
- Learn how you can help end homelessness in the State of California.
Join us in support of these much needed initiatives to protect as well as provide housing and care to our residents, especially with the growing need for our services in the midst of California’s daunting housing crisis.
Seating is limited so don’t delay, register today!
6Beds will be hosting a free labor law workshop on March 11, 2019 in Los Angeles. The last southern California labor workshop was packed with hundreds in attendance, so sign-up today to make sure you get your space. Online registration will close on Friday, March 8.
Why You Should Attend
Labor law compliance is very important because it prevents operational errors and legal infractions which could result in penalties and investigations. For example, one potential mistake is not documenting all employee breaks in timesheets. Care facilities may excel in providing onsite care to clients, but might need some help in operations management.
Get Your Pressing Questions Answered
Pick the brains of our guest speakers and 6Beds officers to help you better understand and effectively navigate the laws and regulations that govern our industry.
Connect with Vendors
Receive relevant industry-related professional advice, get the latest industry scoop and receive potential huge savings from our vendor sponsors.
Network with Colleagues
Connect with your fellow operators, both near and far, share ideas and learn from one another how to survive and prosper in our industry.
• Ensuring you are in compliance with applicable labor laws.
• Reduce the risk of being audited and/or fined.
• Learning how to manage your business better.
• Receiving updates on relevant policies at the state level.
• Application of federal and state labor laws pertinent to live-ins in ARF and RCFE care homes.
• Creating an efficient staffing model in RCFE homes and in ARM rate levels 3 and 4 ARF DD homes.
• Insights on negotiated rates.
• The importance of an employment agreement for live-ins.
• Unique nuances of rest and meal breaks for care homes.
Breakfast, lunch and snacks are provided for attendees courtesy of 6Beds preferred vendor sponsors.
Please come and learn more about labor law compliance, and share this event announcement with others.
3201 Riverside Drive
Los Angeles CA 90027
Phone: (323) 665-1154
8:00 am – 6:00 pm